Σάββατο 23 Οκτωβρίου 2010

A Legacy Of Lesbian Love Letters (No 7) - DEAR SAPPHO

Emma Goldman


August 8, 1912
. . . I am a savage, Emma, a wild, wild savage.  And they can't tame me with their puling conventions, their stinking houses nor their dammed religion.  And it is the untamed part of me that loves y ou because you don't want to put leading strings on it.  If you did I would tell you that ou are a liar and your book is a lie.



And it si the wild part of me that would be unabashed in showing its love for you in front of a miltitude or in a crowded room.  My eyes would sparkle with love - they would follow you about and love to gaze upon you always and every part of my body would be replete with satisfaction of its expression of love.
God! God! God! God!
A.


ALMEDA TO EMMA
Although the exact nature of the relationship between the feminist and union organizer Aleda Sperry and the famous anarchist, writer, and social leader Emma Goldman is unknown, Sperry wrote explicit, eloquent love letters to Goldman in the early part of the 20th century.


From the book
DEAR SAPPHO A Legacy of Lesbian Love Letters
by KAY TURNER
Publishers:  THAMES AND HUDSON








Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου